1) Understand the root of your child's behavior. A child might behave in a certain way due to the following reasons:
- lack of valuable experience as guide for his behavior
- tendency to be naive
- tendency to be rebelious
- sensitivity to the people surrounding him
- reflection of his closed community or home atmosphere.
2) Love your child regardless of his bad behavior. Use the "rod" to discipline to discipline him when you need to. But, do not fail to teach him a vital lesson in the process. Never apply discipline as if you are repaying a debt. After disciplining him, simply forgive him and forget all about his bad behavior. Don't keep a record of wrongs.
4) Be a role model. Your child constantly looks up to you for guidance in proper conduct and responsible behavior. Values are caught not taught. So, be mindful of what you say and how you act.
5) Expect only the best from your child.Children pick up on our beliefs about them. Never use degoratory words on your child - no matter how badly he has behaved. Rough language will crush his spirit.